I find same issue when I try to upgrade vmtools to version 10.3.5
- When I try install vmtools 10.3.5. the process fail and rollback
2. I research meny hours in google to find the sollution but finnaly I open the case to Vmware support. After fiev days we have feedback from vendor and finnally they help with find the workaround.
3. Run CMD as administrator
4. Navigate to path C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop
5. Comman from Vmware support
VMware-tools-10.3.5-10430147-x86_64.exe /S /v"/qn REBOOT=R ADDLOCAL=Audio,BootCamp,Hgfs,FileIntrospection,NetworkIntrospection,Perfmon,TrayIcon,Drivers,MemCtl,Mouse,MouseUsb,PVSCSI,EFIFW,SVGA,VMCI,VMXNet3,VSS,Toolbox,Plugins,Unity REMOVE=CAF,Audio,BootCamp,Hgfs,FileIntrospection,NetworkIntrospection,Perfmon,Unity /l*v C:\temp\vmware1052_install.log"
6. After instalation the server will be rebooted so make sure you inform the customer about the downtime:)
Please Comment and Subscribe
1,406 total views, 2 views today