78 total views, 2 views today
I was patched my LAB Vcenter and I created small instruction for this.
Let’s start !!!
- I always make snapshot before anything.
2. Run backup from appliance level.
Login to https://appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN:5480
I have my FTP server on windows so I use below settings.
Username: ( this is your FTP server username )
Password: (FTP server password)
Just press next to start backup job.
3. Check if backup file create on your FTP if yes you can start patching process.
4. Lets start patching process.
First you need to download patches from vmware download center
Select VC and version (6.0, 6.5 ,6.7 or 7.0) then find ISO with patch for your environment.
In my case I select and download some oldest one Appliance-18.104.22.168000-14020092-patch-FP.iso
5. Next step. Login to https://appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN:5480
Navigate to Update
6. You have 2 options at this point.
1. Check repository
2. Check CDROM
I will use option 2. So you need to mount ISO to Vcenter CDROM.
7. After ISO was mounted you should able to see new updates available.
8. You can see More Details to check what fixes will be install. Click on Install CDROM Updates to continue process.
9. Accept EULA
10. Installing Updates will take some time. But you are able to see process status.
11. After installing you need to confirm because reboot is required.
12. Navigate to Summary and press Reboot as you can notice all status are unknown at this point.
13. wait 5-10 min before system back online.
14. When Vcenter Applance back online login and check version.
Different option is run patching via SSH
Access the appliance shell and log in as a user who has a super administrator role.
The default user with a super administrator role is root.
To install patches directly from an attached ISO image, run the following command:
software-packages install –iso
If the patch installation requires a reboot of the appliance, run the following command to reset the appliance.
shutdown reboot -r “patch reboot”
Please Comment and Subscribe
<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-5575994051651063" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
1,204 total views, 2 views today