VCSA Appliance Unable to Update – blank information details
I has to update vcenter to newest applince version but when I attach ISO I’m not able to update vcenter. All information related with Version, Appliance Name, Description are blank.
How to fix it?
- Backup your Appliance ( best option standard backup and also snapshot )
- SSH to you appliance and copy file conf file by command: cp /etc/applmgmt/appliance/update.conf /etc/applmgmt/appliance/update.confold
- Then remove conf file by command: rm /etc/applmgmt/appliance/update.conf
- Stop services by command: service-control –stop –all
- Start services by command: service-control –start –all
- visit https://vcsa_ipaddress:5480 and login, attempt to update, it will fail
- edit conf file by command: vi /etc/applmgmt/appliance/update.conf and paste information form this file >> update.conf
- stop services by command: service-control –stop vpxd
- start services by command: service-control –start vpxdvisit https://vcsa_ipaddress:5480 and login and attempt to update, all the screens showed up and populated okay and it pulled down the latest update from online
- After this operations you should see all vCsa iformation as below.
262 total views, 3 views today