Changing the NSX Edge Services Gateway (ESG) “admin” user is easy via the web client “Change CLI Credentials”. The root password is unknown.
- SSH into the NSX Manager as the admin user.
- Enable mode by typing in : en
- Enter engineering mode by typing: st eng
- The password is: IAmOnThePhoneWithTechSupport per KBA 2149630 Tested with 6.4.4 Build 11197766
- Run this command the list the edge root password: /home/secureall/secureall/sem/WEB-INF/classes/./GetSpockEdgePassword.sh
- You can also display the admin password: /home/secureall/secureall/sem/WEB-INF/classes/./GetCliUserEdgePassword.sh
1,777 total views, 5 views today